- Call SunServe, Email Us, Drop In or Connect Via Social Media
- Support Groups
Transgender Service’s mission is to provide a safe, comfortable, and friendly space where Trans & Non-binary individuals can blossom into their true authentic selves. We have a wraparound case management program, with a flexible, holistic, creative approach. Meaning we help with whatever our clients may need, Mental, Medical, Physical, Emotional, Financial, Behavioral, etc. We have a client lead program focusing on their strengths, and goals while helping their overall quality of life from their point of view. We meet our clients where they are today, intending to help them get where they want to be tomorrow. We are willing to assist our clients by any means possible, through a variety of services and resources. Sunserve’s Transgender Services welcomes you no matter where you fall on the Transgender spectrum. If you are about to start your journey or if you are a seasoned veteran. Either way, we are here to help you during any stage of your transformation.
WE’RE HERE TO HELP YOU!
- Do you identify as transgender?
- Are you questioning your gender?
- Do you need Hormone Replacement Therapy?
- Looking for for a one-on-one support person during your process?
- Are you just looking to meet others like yourself?
RESOURCES AND ADVOCACY
- Name and Gender Marker change assistance
- HIV, AIDS, and PrEP Resources
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Benefits such as food stamps
- Detox, Recovery, and Rehabilitation
- Connection to various external resources available
SunServe's therapists can help you whether you are just beginning to ask personal questions about gender that are new to you or have transitioned years ago and need help dealing with the challenges of day to day life. We also assist spouses and families who are struggling to understand and accept all the challenges that gender transitioning involves. Just call our intake line and our staff will be ready to assist you in finding the right counselor and psychotherapy service for you.
SunServe's support groups are an important part of the process of transitioning. And they are often the best place where trans-folk can share experiences and support for one another. Groups frequently become resource gold mines for addressing practical questions about passing or the more complex issues about relationship challenges or strategizing about how to deal with difficulties in school, family or the workplace. Support groups are the place where you can be just who you are and everyone there will “get it.” We offer a Gender Bender group for Youth, and a Transgender Support group for adults.
Safe "T" Transgender/Gender Nonconforming Group
Different Drummer Family Group
SOFFA Significant Others, Friends, Family and Allies
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Florida
- Equality Florida
- Safe Schools South Florida
- Stonewall Library, Museum, and Archives
These links are for information only and represent the approaches, opinions, and thoughts of the web site sources. They are from highly respected organizations. These links, however, do not constitute an endorsement, nor do they necessarily reflect the beliefs of SunServe. We strongly advise that you seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical or mental health condition. (Links provided courtesy of Whitman-Walker Health, Washington, DC.)
- Center for Excellence for Transgender Health
- Gender Management Service (GeMS) Clinic
- Gay & Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA) - 10 Things Transgender Persons Should Discuss
- Hudson’s FTM Resource Guide
- Human Rights Campaign Transgender Info Page
- International Foundation for Gender Education
- Lambda Legal
- Laura’s Playground
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive Language: What It Is and Why It Matters in Healthcare
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG)
- Quick Tips for Caregivers of Transgender Clients - provided by FORGE
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- TransGender Care
- Transgender Law and Policy Institute
- Transgender Primary Care Protocol
- The Transitional Male
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH)