For information on Florida Institute for Group Facilitation click here
ANNUAL QUALITY CARE CONFERENCE
Friday, December 1, 2017, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Barry University, Miami Shores, FL
FULL CONFERENCE BROCHURE WILL BE AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER, 2017
TRACKS (3 separate sessions in each track - a total of 15 separate two-hour training sessions):
1. FUNDAMENTALS IN LGBT CARE: Foundations for working with LGBT Adults; Essentials in Trans Care; LGBT Youth
2. TRANSGENDER SERVICES: Working with Trans and Gender Non Conforming Youth; Working with Families and Significant Others of Transgender and Gender Non Conforming Adults, Youth and Children; Advanced Transgender Care: Addressing More Complex Needs for Certain Clients
3. TRAUMA ISSUES IMPACTING LGBT CARE: Identifying and Addressing Special Vulnerabilities for LGBT Clients; Trauma and HIV; Trauma Issues in a Hostile Political and Social Climate - What a Counselor Needs to Know.
4. GROUP WORK: This is an advanced practice track presented by the Florida Institute for Group Facilitation covering these topics: Group Cohesion Challenges: Issues of Diversity in Group; Trauma/Substance Use Issues in Group Work
5. SEXUALITY AND SEXUAL PRACTICES: Talking About Sex and Sexuality in the Counseling Room; Understanding the Impact of New Discoveries about Undetectable Viral Load and Sexual Practices; "Sexual Outlaws" – Understanding Polyamory, BDSM, etc.
COSTS: full day including continental breakfast and lunch - rates increase on Nov. 20
$85 Regular Registration
$40 SunServe Collective Members, Barry University Faculty and Field Instructors
$20 for graduate students in mental health and nursing professions
(Special group rates for non profit agency participants - request information and registration link by sending a message to email@example.com )
Up to 6 CEUs for Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapist, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses. CEUs also available for CAPs through reciprocity from Florida Certification Board.