SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENCES
Annual Quality Care Conference
Friday, November 11, 2016, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Barry University, Miami, FL
TO VIEW FULL CONFERENCE BROCHURE, CLICK HERE
TO REGISTER FOR THE CONFERENCE, CLICK HERE
TRACKS (3 separate sessions in most tracks - a total of 16 separate two-hour trainings and one 3-hour training):
1. FUNDAMENTALS IN LGBT CARE: Foundations for working with LGBT Adults, Youth and Seniors - separate session for each.
2. TRANSGENDER SERVICES: Essentials for Therapists and WPATH Standards, Working with Gender Non Conforming Youth, Working with Families and Significant Others of Transgender and Gender Non Conforming Adults, Youth and Children
3. INTERSECTIONALITY: Three training sessions on serving the needs of special sub-populations in the LGBT community with a focus on persons of color, women with chronic health challenges and more challenging clients who have complex needs.
4. GROUP WORK: Advanced practice track presented by the Florida Institute for Group Faciliation: Group Cohesion, Diversity in Group and Trauma/Substance Use Issues in Group Work
5. LICENSURE RENEWAL COURSES FOR LCSW, LMHC, LMFT: Prevention of Medical Errors and Ethics & Professional Boundaries - both from the perspective of care for the LGBT Community (Prevention of Medical Errors course also approved to fulfill renewal requirements for Psychologists)
6. TOPICS OF SPECIAL CONCERN: Doing Supervision of New Clinicians Serving the LGBT Community; Using Dialectical Behavioral Therapy in the LGBT Community; Supporting Healthy Sexuality for LGBT Clients
COSTS: full day including continental breakfast and lunch - rates change after November 1
$85 Regular Registration
$40 SunServe Collective Members, Barry University Faculty and Field Instructors
$20 for graduate students in mental health and nursing professions
(Special group rates for non profit agency participants )
Up to 7 CEUs for Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapist, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses. CEUs also available for CAPs through reciprocity from Florida Certification Board.